Old School Gamer is in an amazing stage at this point. We have been publishing for over 4 years, have built our name within the industry but we are still in a major growth stage. COVID may have slowed us down a bit but allows us to develop our digital environment even stronger while not able to reach out as often via Retro Gamer Cons.
- Each print issue goes out to around 1000 – 2000 subscribers and industry leaders.
- Each issue also hits digitally in 3 different methods.
- First of all through the digital magazine that you can find at OldSchoolgamer.Com/magazine, promoted through mass emails going out to over 20,000 retro collectors and players who have signed up, this is our 24-30 page edition. A scaled down digital version that non-paying subscribers can read and contains all advertisers and about 1/2 of the full magazine content.
- Second, the full length magazine is available to subscribers who receive 50-64 pages of retro gaming goodness available for watermarked download or viewing through our site.
- Third, it is also pushed through our blog based website at OldSchoolGamer.Com with teaser content leading into the magazine format.
- Fourth, the digital version is also pushed heavily through social media, Facebook groups and more and is seeing upwards of 10,000 readers for each issue.
We have based our pricing below based on our current numbers with the print and digital magazine and website and are continuing to grow with every issue!
- Full Page Advertisement in both Digital and Print Magazine – $350 on an issue by issue commitment, or $300 on an annual basis (6 issues) – Video embedded. Note that front cover, back cover, page 2 and 3 upgrades are available – please inquire for more details.
- Half Page Advertisement in both Digital and Print Magazines – $200 issue by issue, $160 on an annual basis – Video embedded
- Quarter Page Advertisement in both Digital and Print Magazines – only available annually – $600
- We publish January – March – May – July – September – November – and ad copy is due in 15 days before the cover month, commitments are due 30 days before the cover month starts.
Website/Social Media Promotion and Advertisements
- $100/month for banner advertising run of site with Facebook promotion weekly.
- $300 per send, 6 pack available for $1400
Technical Specs for ads
FILE FORMATS: JPEG (preferred), TIFF, PNG, Illustrator AI or EPS (packaged with fonts/links), PDF. (PSD files should be flattened and a copy saved as JPEG or other listed format for submission.)
SIZE: Two Page Spread – 17″x11″ (final trim size is 16.5×10.75), Full Page / Full Bleed = 8.5″x11″ (final trim size is 8.25″x10.75″) – Live matter (text, important graphic elements) should be at least 1″ away from all edges. Fractionals: 1/2 Page = 7.5″x5″ (horizontal) or 3.75″x10″ (vertical); 1/4 Page = 3.5″x5″.
HIGH-RESOLUTION: Ad files must have a minimum actual resolution of 300 DPI.
CMYK COLOR: Please use CMYK color to assure color matching when issues are printed, we convert for digital magazine usage.
DELIVERY: Ads should be sent by e-mail or a link from a file-sharing service (DropBox, Google Drive, etc.)
LINKS: Ads will be linked to web addresses mentioned in copy, unless otherwise specified.
VIDEO: Content to be embedded in ads will be pulled from advertiser’s YouTube feed unless otherwise requested. If specific video is desired, please submit link with magazine ad copy.
BANNERS: 250×250 animated GIF or JPG, Google for Publishers used for banner system.