The Stern of the Union Address, your monthly resource for news, information and highlights on all things Stern Pinball. Without further ado my fellow pinheads:
James Bond 007:
From Stern With Love! The James Bond 007 pinball machine has arrived! 🍸
Check out the pinball machines celebrating the iconic, genre-defining James Bond films and rewatch the first livestream with George Gomez and team on the latest Dead Flip Pinball Stream here!
Read this exclusive interview with George on his latest creation and the process he goes through when it comes to overall game development and design. Hear Gary Stern’s thoughts on James Bond and the Chicago Pinball Expo in this exclusive WGN interview here! And check out this national radio interview on Australia’s Triple M Night Shift with our international distributor AMD!
Stern Pinball expanded its award-winning Insider Connected platform with new features benefiting both players and operators across home and commercial environments. New features launched include official Insider Connected launch parties and operator machine tech alerts! For full details, read the official press release here.
Test yourself and participate in the next Global Leaderboards! Find your nearest Stern pinball machine featured on our current worldwide Leaderboard via any connected machine. Log in with your Insider Connected account at your home or a location near you to climb up the ranks, follow the action, and see who will emerge victorious and earn those ultimate bragging rights! As always, we’ll also be running a verified location leaderboard, showcasing who the true grand champion is!
The Mandalorian Topper:
Want the coolest pinball topper in the galaxy? This is the way! Want to hear more about this incredible accessory? Listen to this special episode of the Stern Insider Pinball Podcast with lead game designer Brian Eddy and lead game developer Dwight Sullivan discuss all of the innovative features in the exclusive Mandalorian topper! Available right now for all Stern Insiders.
Chicago Pinball Expo:
Another Chicago Pinball Expo is in the books and we had an absolute blast! What was your favorite part of the weekend? Check out some recap videos from the Enterrium party, Logan Arcade after-hours event, and an overall recap from our booth. Look forward to partying again next year!
Gameroom of the Month:
Congrats to Eric Moore for winning Gameroom of the Month! Do you have a special home gameroom you want to share with the world? Submit your incredible gameroom directly to Insider@sternpinball.com for your chance to win an exclusive Stern Swag Pack!
Pinball Mag featuring Gary Stern:
Pinball Mag had the pleasure of hosting Gary Stern and Stern’s Director of Export Sales, Doug Skor, at this year’s Pinball Blaster event. Check out the two part interviews here and here!
Stern Army Updates:
The Stern Army continues to grow with troops spreading the gospel of pinball across the globe. Here are our newest troops and the pinball locations they support:
- Private Henrik Friden of Norway (Pollett Bislett)
- Private Dakotah Coates of Virginia (Wax Moon)
- Private Jordan Hamilton of Washington (Rants and Raves Brewery and Pauly’s Bar and Grill)
- Private Kay Wolters of Germany (Multiball-Flipper-Kicker-Dart)
- Private Randy Baer of Indianapolis (Rupert’s Kids Arcade)
- Private Matthew Henri of California (Free Gold Watch)
- Private Mitchell Tyler of Virginia (Blue Ridge AXEcade)
- Private James Kyser of Tennessee (Token Game Tavern)
- Private Sean Stewart of Nevada (Good Timez Billards)
- Private Zachary Pulliam of North Carolina (Super Abari Game Bar)
- Private Daniel Demeter of Florida (The Grid Arcade)
- Private Jared Ferree of Oklahoma (Remi’s Arcade & Bistro)
- Private John Gallinagh of Michigan (Starlite Arcade)
- Private Robbie Gordon of Indianapolis (PinLodge)
- Private Chris Pascaretti of Michigan (Sperry’s Arcadehouse)
- Private Karrie Hill of Canada (Deadbeetz Burgers)
- Private Nick Byrd of Florida (Video Game Rescue)
Congratulations to the following Stern Army members on their promotion from Staff Sergeant to Sergeant First Class:
- Sergeant First Class Mitch Curtis of Massachusetts (Double Bull Taphouse and Roxy’s A4cade)
- Sergeant First Class Blake Pierce of Minnesota (Mortimer’s Bar & Restaurant and Tilt Pinball Bar)
- Sergeant First Class Jesse Baker of Ohio (Arcade Legacy)
- Sergeant First Class Gene X Hwang of California (Gestalt and The Myriad)
- Sergeant First Class Steve Keeler of New York (Rock Fantasy)
- Sergeant First Class Matt Walton of Oregon (Level Up Arcade)
Congratulations to the following Stern Army members on their promotion from Sergeant to Staff Sergeant:
- Staff Sergeant Bryan Broyles of Georgia (Portal Pinball Arcade)
- Staff Sergeant Alex Harmon of Michigan (Blind Squirrel Tavern and Clubhouse Arcade)
- Staff Sergeant Brian Bannon of Missouri (Padavan’s NY Restaurant)
Congratulations to the following Stern Army members on their promotion from Corporal to Sergeant:
- Sergeant Christopher Doyle of Texas (What’s Brewing?)
- Sergeant Lyndon Carter of Australia (Australian Pinball Museum)
- Sergeant Ryan Cazz of Australia (Moon Dog World)
Congratulations to the following Stern Army members on their promotion from Specialist to Corporal:
- Corporal Tom Menge of Illinois (Cool Music Stop Bar and Grill)
- Corporal Mark Farina, Jr. of Arizona (H.O.P. Central Brewery and Taproom)
- Corporal Laura Fraley of Virginia (Richmond Pinball Collective)
- Corporal Peter Janovics of Texas (Quasars Arcade)
Congratulations to the following Stern Army members on their promotion from Private to Private First Class:
- Private First Class Crystal Mcintyre of Washington (The Racket Bar)
- Private First Class Mike Salinger of Washington (20th Century Bowl)
- Private First Class Xavier Martin of California (LvL Up)
- Private First Class Jorge Mesa of (The Hangout Pinball Lounge)
- Private First Class Corey Hulse of Pennsylvania (Railroad Street Bar & Grill)
- Private First Class Cody Miller of Florida (Keg N Coin Arcade Bar)
- Private First Class David Stavleu of Australia (Aussie Arcade)
- Private First Class James Swain Jr. of Connecticut (The Sanctum)
For more information and to join the Stern Army, please reach out to SternArmy@sternpinball.com
Brewery of the Month:
Congrats to One Well Brewing of Michigan for winning Brewery of the Month! Everyone knows that there’s no better combo than pinball and beer! Do you have a special brewery you want to share with the world? Submit your brewery pictures directly to Insider@sternpinball.com for your chance to be featured as our next winner!
Stern Pro Circuit:
Congrats to all competitors at this year’s Pinball Expo Flip Out Stern Pro Circuit tournament. In the end, Zach McCarthy emerged victorious! For full details on the Stern Pro Circuit and to keep up with the current standings and schedule, please visit – https://sternpinball.com/stern-pro-circuit/
Upcoming Stern Pro Circuit Events:
|Stern Pro Circuit Event||Date||Tournament Details|
|OBX Flippers Fall Tournament||11/4-6||https://flippersarcade.com/|
|24 Hour Final Battle at the Sanctum||11/5-6||https://tothesanctum.com/2022-24-hour-final-battle/|
|Free Play Florida||11/18-20||https://www.freeplayflorida.com/|
Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; we will release them upon update completion. If you would like to join our mailing list for code updates, please send an e-mail to Code.Updates@sternpinball.com. If you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Get Connected and play! https://insider.sternpinball.com/
Code updates and read me files are available at https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
Check out our Stern Shop for all accessories, collectibles, clothing and more, including this month’s featured item, our limited edition glow in the dark San Diego Comic Con Tee!
Stern Pinball accessories are also available to purchase from your local authorized dealer – https://sternpinball.com/find-a-dealer/