Games will include new features and enhancements, and physical copies will be available for pre-order starting today for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One
EDISON, NEW JERSEY – Aug. 28, 2019 – On Oct 29, the 16-bit magic of Disney’s Aladdin and The Lion King games, complete with new features and enhancements, will be re-released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC. Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King will include the fan-favorite versions of each original title, featuring upscaled graphics to support high definition displays and additional upgrades to enhance playability on current consoles. The collection also includes a brand-new “final cut” of Aladdin and an original Aladdin “tradeshow demo” that has not been publicly available since 1993.
Fans will be able to revisit these beloved games and take advantage of a variety of modern support options, including instant save states, a “Rewind” button to jump back up to 15 seconds, level select, invulnerability, infinite lives, and an “Interactive Game Viewer.” The Interactive Game Viewer enables players to view full game playthroughs, with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point.
In addition, Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King features:
- Authentic Game Content with Modern Improvements – Fans old and new can enjoy the original game builds, upscaled graphics, customizable controls, special filters for visual enhancement and more.
- Variety of Game Versions – The collection includes multiple playable platform versions of the games including their Sega Genesis, Game Boy and Super Game Boy releases, as well as The Lion King Super Nintendo Entertainment System version.
- A Helping Hand – Players who want to experience the Disney magic in true “Hakuna Matata” fashion can use the Interactive Game Viewer, Rewind feature and cheat codes to aid gameplay progression.
- Curated, Explorable Museum – A treasure trove of behind-the-scenes development assets including interviews, an art gallery and a music player shares the rich history behind the Aladdin and The Lion King 16-bit games.
Preview YouTube video Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King Announcement TrailerDisney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King Announcement Trailer
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King has been updated for current consoles and PC by publisher Nighthawk Interactive and development studio Digital Eclipse.Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King is coming to retailers on Oct. 29 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC. Physical copies will be available for $29.99 through retailers including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart. Pre-orders will be available through all major retailers. The collection is rated E10+ by the ESRB.
Retail pre-order page links:
- Best Buy – Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One
About Nighthawk Interactive
Built by a team of industry veterans, Nighthawk Interactive aims to combine their proven experience with the ever-changing needs of modern game development. With a strong focus on publishing, co-publishing, retail distribution and business development support, Nighthawk is about helping developers make the great games we love to play. For more information about Nighthawk, visit www.NighthawkInteractive.com, and follow us on Twitter at (@NH_Interactive).
About Digital Eclipse
Digital Eclipse (www.digitaleclipse.com) is globally recognized for its best-in-class restorations, remakes, and anthologies of classic games. More than a nostalgia play, Digital Eclipse infuses dormant intellectual properties with new life, re-igniting revenue streams and franchise interest with today’s audiences. Digital Eclipse is the signature brand of independent developer, Other Ocean Emeryville, based in Emeryville, California.