Love Video Game Books. This Kickstarter will be the perfect addition to your book collection. \
Another book on the general history of video games? Yes, because this one is different from the others.
Video-Games is a work that traces the history of video games from their origins to 1999, covering computer games, console games, arcade games, and handheld devices. It focuses on the human aspect, the history of the people engaged in their creative endeavors, and their impact on the evolution of technology and design choices, Video-Games is based on decades of extensive research of direct and indirect sources and dozens of never-before-seen and specially crafted interviews to accompany the work with new and detailed information.
The Video-Games series consists of five volumes: the first two – Stage 1 and 2 – were published in Italian in October 2021 and 2022. The remaining three volumes are scheduled to be released annually between 2023 and 2025.
Video Games Stage 1: 1979 and before
- 330 pages, 531,000 keystrokes, and 104 images;
- 18 chapters and appendix;
- Preface by Bonaventura Di Bello, Italian journalist, programmer, author;
- Cover by Franco Brambilla, Italian artist.
Table of Contents:
- The journey begins with Odyssey
- The year of Pong
- The birth of online gaming: Empire
- Atari on the edge: from Gran Trak 10 to Tank
- The adventure of Star Trek
- William Crowther’s Advent: the birth of text adventures
- The smash continues: Home Pong
- The hour of driving games: from Nürburgring/1 to Night Driver
- Reinventing Pong: Breakout
- Atari’s jewel: the VCS
- The onslaught of clones
- The year of the microcomputer
- Japan responds: Space Invaders
- The dawn of computer games: MUSE, Automated Simulations, and Synergistic Software
- From the Sumerian Game to Santa Paravia an Fiumaccio
- To the Moon: Lunar Lander
- From Auto Race to Microvision
- Atari counterattack: Asteroids