Sierra On-Line founders Ken and Roberta Williams(King’s Quest, Space Quest, Phantasmagoria, etc.) proudly delivered Colossal Cave to the world on January 19th, 2023, and they’ve just unveiled a robust roadmap outlining the exciting updates to come in 2023 and beyond.
Take a look at their latest trailer featuring standing ovations from some of the most respected figures in the gaming industry.
The ultimate 3D interpretation of the original text adventure game has released multiple patches since launch thanks to the welcomed feedback of their loyal community. Cygnus Entertainment plan to continue this support through 2023, with new ports to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One in March 2023, and additional quality of life additions throughout the year.
Some stand-out elements of the roadmap include:
- Several development updates improving quality of life, small bugs, and more
- New console ports including Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One in early Spring. PSVR 2, Pico VR, Steam VR, and PlayStation 4 are also in the works
Upcoming community-focused efforts include:
- Giving back to their adventurers with giveaways and a company culture of direct developer to player communication
- Connecting with the community both online and off, attending events including Too Many Games, the longest running video and board game convention on June 23-25, 2023
- Ken and Roberta plan on delving more into the inner workings of Colossal Cave to give their audience a 360 sense of what the game’s all about
Wander into a breathtaking fantasy realm full of magical beings and endless possibilities. Trek through miles of underground labyrinths glittering with gold and gems awaiting discovery.
Solve complex puzzles throughout the caverns, collecting priceless treasures and mystical items before returning home at the end of an unforgettable journey.