It was only just the other day that we featured JOTD’s Arcade to Amiga conversion of Xevious : A game that was originally released in the Arcades by Namco’s and then ported to other home computers. Well fast forward to today and do we have an interesting update for all you fine folk, as JOTD has announced that his Arcade to Amiga conversion now includes Super Xevious : a game that was originally released back in 1984 by Namco as a response to the overwhelming success of the original in Japan.
- – Mark McDougall (aka tcdev): reverse-engineering, core and Neo Geo code and assets
- – Jean-Francois Fabre (aka jotd): Amiga code and assets
- – Andrzej Dobrowolski (aka no9): Amiga music
- – Namco: original game 🙂
- – Super Xevious available, fixed flicker, trainer (whdload)
- – Floppy still runs original, “SUPER” keyword can be added even in AmigaDOS mode to run “Super Xevious” version. But it’s very similar except for extra (pointless) objects in later levels.
Links :1) Source (hitting “5” adds a coin and the “1” or “2” starts a one or two player game)